- You access and/or use the beta launch of the Check Ferret website available at Ferret.ai and/or the Check Ferret mobile application (collectively, “Sites”);
- You communicate with us in any way (“Communications”);
- Your information is provided to us by a Check Ferret user; and/or
- We obtain your information through third-party providers, public databases, or other related third-party sources (“Third-Parties”).
What Type Of Information Do We Collect About You, And How Do We Collect It?
Depending upon how you interact with our Sites, our Communications, and our interactions with Third-Parties, we may collect your information:
Directly from you when you sign-up for an account with the Sites, use our Sites, or Communicate with us, including but not limited to:
- Your e-mail address (username), password, and other contact information you provide when signing up for an account with Check Ferret;
- Your list of contacts, and all information relating to your contacts, when you access our Sites and authorize Check Ferret to download your contacts;
- Any information you provide to us when you report a problem with our Sites;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (e.g., email address) if you contact us;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Sites;
- Your search queries on the Sites.
Automatically when you access or use our Sites, or when you Communicate with us, including but not limited to:
- Details of your visits to the Sites, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data;
- Information about your computer and mobile device, and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type;
- Interactivity with an e-mail, including opening, navigating, and click-through information.
From Third Parties, including but not limited to:
- Data analytics providers for the purpose of receiving statistical data about your activity on our Sites;
- Social media networks for the purpose of collecting certain of your social media profile for account creation purposes, including but not limited to your screen names, profile picture, contact information, contact list, and the profile pictures of your contacts, through the social media platform;
- Third Party Service Providers, including but not limited to internet service providers, fraud prevention services, and related partners;
- Publicly available information from public sources, including local, state, and federal government agencies and departments, and other related databases recognized under applicable law as publicly available information.
How Do We Use Your Information?
Depending on where you live and how you interact with our Sites, the nature of your Communications, and the types of Third Parties with whom we interact, we may use your information for a variety of lawful purposes, including to:
Perform a contract with you to:
- Provide our Sites to you;
- Sign you up to our Sites;
- Notify you about changes to our Sites;
- Enforce our terms, conditions, and policies;
- Administer the Sites;
- Personalize content you receive and provide you with tailored content;
- Communicate with you.
Further our legitimate interests to:
- Perform data analytics (including market research, trend analysis, financial analysis);
- Operate, evaluate, develop, manage and improve our Sites (including operating, administering, analyzing, and improving our Sites, the publicly available data linked to through our Sites, managing and evaluating the effectiveness of our Communications, performing accounting, auditing, and billing reconciliation and collection activities and other internal functions);
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and/or other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities;
When processing your information to fulfill our legitimate interests, we may, depending on the circumstances and if appropriate in the applicable jurisdiction, conduct a balancing test to ensure that our processing of your information is necessary to achieve our legitimate purposes, and that appropriate safeguards are put in place to protect your information in accordance with applicable law.
Comply with a legal obligation, act in the public interest, and/or protect the vital interests of our customers and employees by:
- Preventing and responding to abuse and fraud;
- Preventing and responding to illegal activity;
- Preventing and responding to other harmful content distributed through our Sites;
- Prevent the unlawful use and/or selling of our Sites;
- Enforcing our terms, conditions, and policies.
How Do We Share Your Information?
We do not sell your information. We may, however, disclose or share the information described above for a variety of lawful purposes, including:
- In a business transfer. We may disclose or share your information as part of a corporate business transaction, such as a merger or acquisition, joint venture, corporate reorganization, financing, or sale of company assets, or in the unlikely event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, in which such information could be transferred to third parties as a business asset in the transaction.
- To non-affiliated third parties. We may disclose or share your information with certain third parties to facilitate your access and use of our Sites, including but not limited to internet service providers, advertising networks, data analytics providers, governmental entities, operating systems and platforms, social medial networks, and service providers who provide us a service (e.g., credit / debit card processing, billing, shipping, repair, customer service, auditing, marketing, debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality on our Sites, and/or protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity).
- To subsidiaries and affiliates. We may disclose or share your information with our subsidiaries and affiliates to further facilitate your use of our Sites, and to ensure the smooth and consistent operations of Check Ferret by identifying and repairing errors that impede intended functionality and to protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity.
- For legal process and protection. We may disclose or share your information to satisfy any law, regulation, legal process, governmental request, or where we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to:
- Enforce or apply agreements, or initiate, render, bill, and collect for our services; Protect our rights or interests, property or safety or that of others;
- In connection with claims, disputes, or litigation - in court or elsewhere;
- Protect users of our Sites and other carriers or providers from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful use of, or subscription to, such services;
- Facilitate or verify the appropriate calculation of taxes, fees, or other obligations due to a local, state, or federal government;
Do We Transfer Your Information To Other Countries?
The information we collect from and about you may be stored on servers with Third Parties in the United States (where we are headquartered) or any other country in which we do business, and whose laws may differ from the jurisdiction in which you live. Any transfer of your information will be done with reasonable consideration of the applicable laws in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
Links To Third Party Sites
Our Sites may contain links to third party websites and services. Please note that these links are provided for your convenience and information, and the websites and services may operate independently from us and have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review. This Privacy Notice applies to our Sites, and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for the policies or practices of any third parties.
Third Party Tracking / Do Not Track
We may, from time to time, collect information about your online activities, over time and across our different Sites. When you use our Sites, Third Parties may also collect information about your online activities, over time and across different internet websites, online or cloud computing services, online applications, or mobile applications. Some browsers support a “Do Not Track” feature, which is intended to be a signal to websites that you do not wish to be tracked across different websites you visit. Our Sites do not currently change the way they operate based upon detection of a “Do Not Track” or similar signal.
Social Media Integration
Our Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from social media platforms. You may choose to connect to us through a social media platform, such as Google, Apple, or LinkedIn. When you do, we may collect additional information from or about you, such as your screen names, profile picture, contact information, contact list, and the profile pictures of your contacts, through the social media platform. Please be advised that social media platforms may also collect information from you. We do not have control over the collection, use and sharing practices of social media platforms. We therefore encourage you to review their usage and disclosure policies and practices, including their data security practices, before using the social media platforms.
How Do We Store and Protect Your Information?
Although no system can guarantee the complete security of your information, we take all commercially reasonable steps to ensure your information is protected in alignment with all applicable laws and regulations, as appropriate to the sensitivity of your information.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
We keep your information for as long as necessary in accordance with the purpose for which it was collected, our business needs, and our legal and regulatory obligations. If we dispose of your information, we will do so in a way that is secure and appropriate to nature of the information subject to disposal.
Cookies and Related Technology
Below is an overview of the types of cookies and related technology we deploy, and your choices.
Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Sites may use locally stored objects called flash cookies to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Sites. We also may include cookies to provide aggregate reporting. Some of our Sites may allow Adobe to set and enable special cookies that are necessary to deliver video content for Adobe Flash Player. You cannot remove flash cookies simply by changing your browser settings. If you would like to limit the websites that can store information in flash cookies on your device, you must visit the Adobe website.
Beacons. Our Sites and e-mails may contain small electronic files known as beacons (also referred to as web beacons, clear GIFs, pixel tags and single-pixel GIFs) that permit us to, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other website-related statistics. Beacons in e-mail marketing campaigns allow us to track your responses and your interests in our content, offerings and web pages. You may use the tools in your device to disable these technologies as well.
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding your information. To exercise any of the rights described below, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us via physical mail in the context section below. We will respond to your request as possible and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. You may submit your request directly, or through an authorized agent, subject to additional verification of your identity and/or the agent’s authorization. To protect your identity, we may also use reasonable efforts, consistent with applicable law, to verify your identity before responding to your request.
- Correct Your Information. If you believe we have incorrect or inaccurate information about you, we will use reasonable efforts to allow you to update or correct the information we collect from and about you. Please note, some data we may have about you comes from Third Party sources, from which we cannot amend the information. For those Third Party sources, you will need to submit your request directly to the original source of the information.
- Access Your Information. Subject to the laws in the jurisdictions in which you live and we operate, you may have a right to know what information we have collected about or from you, how that information is being used, and with whom it is being shared. Please note, this right may not extent to publicly available information that is linked to through our Sites. Depending on where you live, you may also be entitled to receive a copy of your information.
- Delete Your Information. Subject to the laws in the jurisdictions in which you live and we operate, and subject to certain exceptions recognized by applicable law, you may have a right to ask that we delete your information. Please note, this right may not extend to publicly available information that is linked to through our Sites.
- Object to Certain Uses. Subject to the laws in the jurisdictions in which you live and we operate, you may have the right to tell us to stop processing your information when we do so: (1) for our legitimate interests, as described above; (2) for direct marketing; and (3) for statistical purposes. Please note, this right may not extent to publicly available information that is linked to through our Sites.
- Withdraw Consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
- Control Cookies Through Your Browsers. You may be able to disable and manage some cookies through your browser settings. If you use multiple browsers on the same device, you will need to manage your settings for each browser.
- Analytics Provider Opt-Outs. To disable analytics cookies you can use the browser controls discussed above or, for some of our providers (e.g. Google), you can use their individual opt-out mechanisms.
- Interest-Based Advertising. For more information or to opt-out of receiving interest-based advertising from participating third-party advertisers please visit:
Digital Advertising Alliance: https://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN
Digital Advertising Alliance App Choices Application: www.aboutads.info/appchoices
Network Advertising Initiative: https://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1
Email Opt-Out. If at any time you wish to opt out or "unsubscribe" from receiving commercial emails related to our Sites, you may use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each commercial email you receive. Please note that even if you opt-out of receiving commercial emails from us, we reserve the right to send transactional or relationship communications to you (e.g., if we need to contact you regarding your account status, technical support, changes to our Sites or Services, etc.).
Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under applicable law and this section. That means if you exercise any of your rights in connection with your information, we will not deny you access or use of our Sites, charge you a different price or rate for any Sites, or provide you a different level of service, subject to exceptions under applicable law.
If you have questions or complaints about how we’ve handled your information, or responded to any requests above, please contact us below. You also have the right, depending on where you live, to file a complaint with any competent data protection authority, regulator, or governmental agency, where appropriate.
Our Sites are not intended for children under the age of 18. This includes any links to other websites that we provide for our convenience. We don’t knowingly collect the information of children for any reason.
Our Sites are hosted and offered in the United States of America (US), and are subject to US federal, state, and local law. If you are accessing the Sites from another country, please be advised that you may be transferring your information to us in the US, and you consent to that transfer and use of your information in accordance with this Policy. You also agree to abide by the applicable laws of applicable US federal, state, and local laws concerning your use of the Sites, and your agreements with us. Any persons accessing our Sites from any jurisdiction with laws or regulations governing the use of the Internet, including the collection, use, or disclosure of information, different from those of the jurisdictions mentioned above may only use the Sites in a manner lawful in their jurisdiction. If your use of the Sites would be unlawful in your jurisdiction, you may not use Sites.
We may change this Policy from time to time. Any and all changes will be reflected on this page, and where appropriate provided in person or by another electronic method. The effective date will be stated at the top of this Policy. You should regularly check this page for any changes to this Privacy Notice.
Include what we DON’T DO
Your continued use, access, or interaction with the Sites, or your continued communications with us after the updated POLICY has been posted will REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS POLICY.